Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

Literal
(a) I Christian Jesus Vazquez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

(b) The source that has helped me the most in my independent component 1 are my mentors Rigoberto Vazquez and Jesus Vazquez.

(c) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccckey=0Alyezs_3z1B6dDRWRjU1UGxwaGR3N0xkWTdCNXkwdnc#gid=0

(d) I have completed 30 additional hours of service learning, where further details in my visits to mentorship are on my log.

Interpretive
welding section my my mentors warehouse

example of two massive diesel and electric engines shipped in and ready for installation


side view of a diesel engine, you can see the exhaust vents and the battery component in the background

two similar diesel hybrid engines waiting for piping to get shipped off to their individual job sites. 
link: video my mentor showed me so I could understand what an ESFR sprinkler can do to a warehouse fire single handedly.

Applied
During my 30 hours I was able to lay a solid foundation of terminology, the way I was able to do this is reading my NFPA book and several articles my mentor read and by my mentor answering all my questions on the spot. I was also able to build on my foundation easily into larger ideas like systems (such as tree, loop, gridded) and sprinkler heads (side wall and umbrella) with professionals in the field. Witnessing real assessments of sprinkler systems shows me how the systems looks like when its up to date and is fully operational. 

No comments:

Post a Comment