Friday, January 3, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project: The Holiday

1. What did you do over break with your senior project?
During the first week of my break I went to my mentors company and was dispatched to do update checks on existing fire sprinkler installations. I visited the Mission Inn Hotel in downtown Riverside. I observed the pumps run for 30 minutes to 1 hour, which I learned is a monthly requirement under contract and warranty. I also helped out the head of sales department, Mr. Holland and learned valuable information about what it takes to sell and be successful as a company, the four broad branches that fire sprinkler system only goes through is design, fabrication, installation, and maintenance.

2. What was the most important thing your learned from what you did and why? what was the source of what you learned? 
The most important thing I learned was the four broad branches of the company the design is the job for the engineers, where they construct the blue prints for the building. The fabrication portion falls under the responsibility of the welders, they custom make all the pipes to match the blue prints. the installation takes place on the building site where the "fitters" install the sprinkler system into the building. lastly the fitters also go out to the site from a weekly schedule to a monthly schedule, to see how the system is running.

3. If you are going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to your answers for your EQ, who would you talk to and why? 
If was conduct a 10 question interview as a way to uncover more information to potentially answer my EQ, I would choose Chris Holland the head of sales department at Advanco Fire Protection. The reason I would choose him is he has the patience to explain things throughly with me, and has a lot of information from every department to share with me. for example the 4 branches of the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment