Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Literal:
(A) I Christian Jesus Vazquez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(B) Jesus Vazquez and Rigoberto Vazquez Sr., mentors
(C)ok
(D)I have complete an additional 30 hours of service learning, by going on trips to maintenance/ check ups and also being taught hands out why my answers are true.

Interpretative:
This the computerized welding machine in Advanco used in all the projects.
closer look at the welding machine, power generators on the top and on the left you can see a pile of pipe ready to be welded

The table is basically an assembly line and on the back are several joints that are used on all sprinkler installations.

This is the manuel pipe cutting machine, always used because every project is custom. 
Larger scale few of where most of my mentorship takes place, you can generally see the different stations of the assembly.

*sorry for the quality* This is the work truck used by Jesus Vazquez to go to installed systems for maintenance and check ups.   

Wall full of pipe hangers, just shows all the sizes of pipe used in fire protection systems.

Fitter machine used to carve the ends of pipes so that can screw into each other.

Outside of the shop where you can see the pipes ready for installations on the right, there are thousands of feet worth of piping material.
Applied: 
Having additional time at mentorship really helped strengthen my knowledge of my topic. My mentors and I came up with my answers and helped my see why exactly. My mentor showed me official books stating the exact consumption of water when exerted by sprinkler heads in the wrong and correct setting. Having so many pipe materials I was able to actually see the pipes used in different environments and situations one on one with my mentor in the back of his shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment